Do you want to drive positive change for Camborne and help shape the town’s future?
Camborne Town Deal board is looking for three new members. People who know Camborne well and are willing to volunteer some of their own time to champion and oversee the delivery of the Town Investment Plan’s objectives.
In spring 2021, Camborne was awarded £23.7m through the Government Towns Fund. Eleven projects are currently being delivered – making this an exciting time to be involved. They include regenerating the town centre, establishing a world-class fibre park, transforming the appearance of the high street, opening up a network of cycleways, renovating the recreation ground, developing new sport and amenity facilities, facilitating food and farming enterprise and turning the Donald Thomas Centre into a contemporary crafts hub. Read more about the projects funded by the Town Deal here.
Members of the Camborne Town Deal Board are expected to:
- Actively engage with all stakeholders, but particularly with the private sector (including the social enterprise and third sector) and further and higher education institutions to capture and engage their interest and facilitate their activity in Camborne.
- Champion and oversee the delivery of the Camborne Town Investment Plan.
- To actively participate in at least 4 Board meetings per annum, providing expert advice, guidance, insight and challenge to Board discussions.
- Be prepared to Chair a relevant Board sub-committee or strategy implementation committee or similar, where necessary and appropriate.
- Help ensure the Camborne Town Deal Board actively reflects the businesses and people of Camborne.
View the full Role Profile here.
It is envisaged that the role will require a time commitment of approximately two days per month with greater commitment at key programme milestones.
The precise nature and timing of this commitment will be determined with the successful candidate.
It is expected, as a minimum, that candidates should be prepared to attend 4 board meetings lasting a maximum of three hours held at varying locations around Camborne or via online methods.
Board members will also be encouraged to participate in activities between board meetings which could involve chairing a subgroup and/or representing the Camborne Town Deal Board and consultation events.
How to apply
Please submit a covering letter outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the role requirements (see role profile), together with a copy of your CV, by Friday 26th May to [email protected]
For a confidential discussion about the role, please email: [email protected]
In line with GDPR, we ask that you do not send us any information that can identify any of your Sensitive Personal Data (racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation, genetic and / or biometric data) in your CV and application documentation. Following this notice, any inclusion of your Sensitive Personal Data in your CV/application documentation will be understood by us as your express consent to process this information going forward. Please also remember to not mention anyone’s information or details (e.g. referees) who have not previously agreed to their inclusion.